It’s Strawberry Season in Georgia during the month of May! If you have some fresh strawberries on hand, this cobbler is a great way to use them up. It’s an old fashioned cobbler that is great right out of the oven plain, or serve with some vanilla ice cream on the side. This recipe doesn’t taste super sweet. It has less sugar than typical cobblers. So I don’t feel quite so guilty eating a large spoonful! It’s delicious!
- 3 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten free flour (I used Gluten Free White Gold)
- 1/2 cup sugar (coconut sugar or white granulated)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl, add strawberries and ¾ cup sugar.
- Stir to coat strawberries in sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon zest and sugar.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Stir until just combined, leaving some lumps present.
- Grease a 9-inch casserole dish.
- Pour batter evenly into dish.
- Spoon strawberries on top of batter. Do NOT stir.
- Baked for 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold with or without ice cream.