Oh my Goodness! This fabulous Gluten Free Pie, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie will knock your socks off! It is delicious from top to bottom, from the first bite to the last morsel on the plate! No one will ever know it’s a gluten free pie! My family loved it. I could have eaten the entire thing by myself. But I didn’t, I shared! This peanut butter chocolate cream pie would be perfect to bring to an office party or surprise a gluten free friend on their birthday!
It is so creamy and full of flavor. The crust is made with Gluten Free Glutino Chocolate Cream Cookies! They are perfect in this gluten free pie. And they hold their own several days later. Just keep the pie stored in the refrigerator, if you have any leftover from the first serving! Don’t be intimidated by the chocolate shavings, just use a cheese grater with the piece of chocolate and ta-daaa, beautiful!
This recipe is super easy and quick to make. Just plan ahead to let it set in refrigerator for about 3 hours to allow it to firm up a bit before serving. It’s just as delicious let over! If there is any that is left over! It’s so yummy!!
GLUTEN FREE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
25 Glutino Gluten Free Chocolate Vanilla Cream Cookies (place in heavy zip lock bag and crush with an ice cream scoop)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
4 ounces semi-sweet baking chooclate
1 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate (for shavings)
3 teaspoons pure vanilla, divided
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
22 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
1. Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter together. Spread and press into a 9″ pie plate and chill until ready to fill.
2. Melt the baking chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Stir 5 ounces of the can of sweetened condensed milk into the melted chocolate. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir to mix well.
3. Add the remaining ounces of the sweetened condensed milk in a medium sized bowl and add the peanut butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla, stirring until smooth.
4. In another bowl, whip the heaving whipping cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, adding the powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla while it’s mixing. This doesn’t take any time at all, so don’t be intimidated by this process.
5. Stir 1 cup of the whipped cream carefully into the peanut butter mixture. Fold carefully so you don’t break the cream (you want to do this gently so the whipped cream doesn’t become soft). Spread this mixture on top of the prepared cookie crust.
6. Stir the chocolate mixture until it’s smooth. Fold in 1 cup of whipped cream, again carefully so you don’t break the cream. Spread this mixture on top of the peanut butter layer.
7. Top with remaining whipped cream and chocolate shavings (grate 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate piece using a cheese grater). Arrange Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups on sides all around the outer edge of pie.
8. Chill for 3 hours before cutting. Store covered in refrigerator. Stays super fresh for about 3 days.
I adapted this recipe from Dorothy (that was my Grandmother’s name!) at CrazyForCrust.com. Just want to give credit where credit is due. Great recipe Dorothy! Now I can eat it because it’s gluten free!
I just used Glutino Gluten Free Chocolate Vanilla Creme Cookies and added mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups all around the edge of entire pie! It’s a gluten free slice of heaven!! Let me know if you try this pie! I can’t wait to make it again as it was such a big success with my family and okay…..me!!
Eat More Pie,